My 2013 Ministry
This year I will continue to spearhead the development of Florida Navs, an online discipleship resource for all the collegiate Navigators in Florida. Here are some of the ways I will be serving.
- Produce five episodes of Harvest, a film series on discipleship featuring Nav staff Dave Wirgau (more on this below)
- Develop and maintain the floridanavs.org website and its social media profiles
- Curate content for the Florida Navs website such as essays and Bible study resources from fellow staff and students involved in the ministry
Raising Financial Support
I hope to raise $22,000 during 2013. Contributions will be used for the following five goals:
- Harvest film series – Each episode will cost a little more than $5000 on average to produce. The plan is to create five episodes this year. I am hiring a Tallahassee-based professional film production company called Frame to film and edit Harvest, ensuring top quality for the end product. These films will be featured on the Florida Navs website and used by the collegiate Navigator ministries throughout the state.
- Website development - I hope to expand the capability and reach of the Florida Navs websites through a variety of premium Internet technologies.
- Travel and communication expenses – I attend regional staff meetings held outside Tallahassee. I also send at least one physical newsletter each year.
Note: I do not receive a paycheck from The Navigators. All contributions will be used for ministry expenses.
Feel free to contact me if you’d like more information.
Harvest Film Series
Discipleship is at the very heart of The Navigators’ calling. We strive to make spiritual generation of laborers who would live and disciple among the lost. But discipleship isn’t a Navigator invention; it’s something we see in the Scriptures. In fact, Jesus tells His disciples to go and make more disciples (Matthew 28:19). While the concept and the command remain the same, the mediums available to teach others about discipleship have changed. Today’s college students grew up watching YouTube videos and turning to Google to get their questions answered. Harvest aims to pass on the vision of discipleship through professionally-made short films distributed online to impact a generation compelled by visual media. The first film has been produced and is embedded above. Find our more about Harvest at harvestseries.tv.
Who are The Navigators?
The Navigators is an interdenominational ministry dedicated to helping people navigate spiritually, to know Christ and to make Him known as those involved look to Him and the Bible to chart their lives. Internationally, more than 4,000 Navigator staff of 64 nationalities serve in more than 100 countries. The calling of The Navigators is:
To Advance the Gospel of Jesus and His Kingdom into the nations through spiritual generations of laborers living and discipling among the lost.